No-weld HPV

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No-weld HPV

Users helping users with the construction of no-weld HPV trikes, bikes and velomobile.

2 posters

Hello from Monte; details on attaching parts

masbury

Hello from Monte; details on attaching parts Empty Hello from Monte; details on attaching parts

Post  masbury Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm a lifelong biker who still loves his 1974 Follis and rides it to work most days. I am hoping to avoid replacing a 2nd car by creating or buying an hpv that I can ride all winter here in Iowa. The cold I can handle, but snow and ice are too risky on two wheels here (I'm pushing 60 and falling hurts more than it used to!) This will be a commuter vehicle, not a racer, but my commutes are only a couple of miles and not hilly. I think I'd like: a) a tadpole configuration, b) some cargo capacity, c) a seat high enough to be seen and see in traffic. The N55 plan is very appealing, but, as many have observed, short on details for attaching the bike-specific parts to the frame. I'm sure I could build it if I could increase my familiarity with how people have mounted cranks, steering, wheels, etc - especially if I could find photos and descriptions of those details.

Thanks!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Hello from Monte; details on attaching parts Empty Hello

Post  Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:31 am

Welcome to the small but growing group. I'm a little older than you, but I agree with you. At this age falling hurts more now. I have 198? Schwinn 564 aluminum that was my road/race bike back when I was younger. Currently have a DIY Atomic Zombie Spirit and DIY Atomic Zombie DeltaWolf trike. Maybe together we can figure out how to attach a BB. I already know a couple of ways to achieve this.
    I'll be in and out for the next 8 weeks with some medical issues but plan on starting a build after that. More details later.
    Again thanks for joining.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm